The night when you are home alone…
Often I hear comments like “It’s not worth cooking just for myself!” or “I can’t be bothered to cook for myself!” and think to myself, why it wouldn’t be worth it?
I have to admit when I’m on my own, I don’t cook anything opulent, however I still want to have a nice, relaxing night…and how could it be nice without tasty food?
The other day I was browsing Pinterest and it was full of creamy mushrooms…and it wouldn’t be me if I did resist 🙂 I warn you, this is not a gourmet recipe, but I love it!
Recipe: Creamy spinach & mushrooms
- 1 pack of fresh spinach
- 1 pack of chestnut mushrooms
- single cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Cut shallots and garlic, heat olive oil in a pan and add shallots
- Clean mushrooms (I only cut the stalks and wash them, I’m lazy to peel them :)) and cut into smaller pieces when needed
- Add mushrooms into the pan
- Add clean spinach leaves
- Then add single cream, garlic, salt and pepper
- Reduce the cream and stir occasional, don’t let the cream boil!
- Serve with a fresh french baguette…