I’m quite a lazy person when it comes to sports, but when it comes to food, I will prepare anything whatever the time is. Mostly, I’m just excited to cook something new everyday and don’t care about time.
When I started working full-time and got my current “9 to 5” job (well, more like 8 to 5:30…), I promised myself (and my boyfriend) I will never give up cooking dinners every night. I’ve dropped some of the traditional “home activities” since then – like ironing…and in time I’ve learned how to hang washing, so you don’t need to iron everything – I can share my personal tips&tricks if anyone’s interested? 🙂
Of course, there’s not much time on the weekdays, sometimes not even the mood…but who wants to eat those ready-made meals in plastic boxes, loaded with additives? I don’t…and there are so many quick & tasty recipes that it’s actually not even necessary.
One of our favourites is salmon with buckwheat & green beans stir-fry…
Recipe: Wild salmon with buckwheat & green beans
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 150g of uncooked buckwheat (allow min. 60g per person, we eat a bit more…)
- 300g of green beans (fresh or frozen – I use frozen)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- fish sauce to taste (I use it in Asian dishes instead of salt)
- oyster sauce (I know, not the healthiest stuff, but my boyfriend loves it :))
- fresh lemon juice
- Cook buckwheat as per instructions on the packaging –I’m just realising how hard it is for me to tell, I do everything intuitively
- When the buckwheat is almost done, heat up a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan you use for stir-fries, add frozen green beans, allow to melt, add fish sauce, pepper, paprika, stir fry for a shot time
- Add cooked buckwheat to the beans and stir
- Pan fry the salmon in another pan – time depends on the size of your fillets. It’s about 3 minutes from each side for standard size fillets, always start with the skin-on one! Season with salt and drizzle with lemon juice
- In the meantime, when salmon is cooking, add oyster sauce to your buckwheat & beans stir-fry.
- …and now you are ready to serve!