I wanted to bake a banana bread for ages. It’s not very common in the Czech Republic and I’ve never even tried it, but bananas…everything with bananas is sooo tempting!
So finally I got to make a banana cake and was searching for a good, not too sweet, a bit heatlhier recipe. I found just too many to choose, so decided I’m going to try, experiment and make my own. With kefir, a fermented milk drink.
I don’t really know how a typical banana bread tastes like, but I absolutely love this one…and I may not be the only one, as I took it out of the oven like 3 hours ago and there’s no left now!!!
RECIPE: Banana Bread
Ingredients (1 typical loaf tin)
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking
- 1 cup kefir
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup coconut oil
- 0.5 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat the oven to 170 and grease the loaf tin (I greased it with coconut oil and put a few banana slices on the bottom).
- In a big bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas, add kefir, then fold eggs in and oil at the end.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture, add walnuts and mix it all together until smooth, still a bit runny.
- Pour into the tin and place into the oven.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, check with a skewer – when it comes out clean, take out and leave to cool down completely. Then remove from the tin.
- ….and enjoy! 🙂